Thursday, November 5, 2009

On Sermonating and Tweeting

My friend Josh declared on facebook this morning that he was going to be a "Desert Father" for the purposes of writing his sermon, i.e. forcing himself into seclusion to better focus on the word. Inspired by these high ideals but far from the desert, I called myself a Library Mother, gathered my books around me like children, and (gasp) turned off the modem for 5 & 1/2 hours today.

then i had things to say
urges to post
funny comments that needed to be laughed at
i picked up my phone, looked at it
thought about activating Twitter for the phone so I could have access
told the cat my funny comments and got no reaction

Conclusion: living alone is hard enough. I think I will Not Opt for Solitude as a lifelong practice.

annnnd here are all the funny things i wanted to say: because i wrote them down. internet is back on again. If I'd had twitter on the phone, this is what would have summarized my day.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT??

Thank God for a TDNT in the church library, and why didn't I look there before...

excuse me, WHO refers to the Holy Spirit in the masculine?? LONG standing tradition has (it) as a (she).

Has now gone through disorientation and new orientation, with soul vs Spirit, one's spirit vs The Spirit. ψυχη vs πνευμα (nothing to do with he-Spirit vs she-Spirit, i still hang with she-Spirit)

looped a lowry and i'm only halfway done! is a double lowry loop an acceptable sermon form?

TWELVE SONGS about the Holy Spirit in a collection of 589 hymns. TWELVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment